The secret ingredient for the next generation of more powerful electronics could be air, according to new research conducted by ANFF-VIC Tech Ambassador, Assoc Prof Sharath Sriram.Read more...
The Australian National Fabrication Facility is seeking an outstanding Chief Operating Officer to lead the implementation of the strategic direction of the organisation and meet performance standards.Read more...
We are proud to announce that ANFF CEO, Rosemary (Rosie) Julia Hicks, has been selected as one of the Australian Financial Review’s 100 Women of Influence 2018.Read more...
The MCN Laboratories will closed for annual cleaning between Monday 5 Nov – Friday 9 Nov 2018. There will be no laboratory access during this period so please plan accordingly. Access may be granted by special application only. Please contact Paul Spizzirri (Paul.Spizzirri@nanomelbourne.com) if you have any questions.Read more...
MCN has updated its printers to provide more security and a faster service when printing. Monash University students and staff will be able to use their Monash ID cards to unlock a print job, while users from other institutions will require a number that can be provided by the reception desk. Monash Students and Staff that require […]Read more...
We have now finalised the schedule for next weeks eventRead more...
Biomedical Research Victoria (BioMedVic) is currently seeking new projects for its Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) that introduces high achieving undergraduates to the world of research by providing hands-on experience of working in a lab.Read more...
FLEET-MCN collaboration recognised: Congratulations to Qiaoliang Bao, 2018 ANFF-VIC Technology FellowRead more...
The Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication (MCN) is holding an industry-focused technical workshop.Read more...
BioMelbourne Network is hosting a breakfast event on 12 April at CSIRO’s Biomedical Materials Translational Facility (BMTF). There will be three talks given – two senior members of the ANFF VIC team will be speaking, followed by a tour of the BMTF.Read more...
La Trobe University’s Centre for Materials and Surface Science (CMSS) has unveiled a new open-access online database of XPS spectra, providing a global reference point of in-depth materials analysis to researchers from around the world.Read more...
Three of MCN’s staff have been made Senior Process Engineers, joining Dr Fatima Eftekhari here at the central facility of the Australian National Fabrication Facility’s Victorian Node.Read more...
Professor Nicolas Voelcker has been introduced as the Director for the Victorian Node of the Australian National Fabrication Facility (ANFF-VIC) and the Scientific Director for the network’s flagship facility, the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication (MCN).Read more...
New tools and capabilities have recently been added across the ANFF-VIC Node, notably at MCN and La Trobe’s Centre for Materials and Surface Science.Read more...
MCN will be exhibiting at the National Manufacturing Week 2017 conference to be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on 9-12 May.Read more...
MCN has seen strong growth in the number of publications that have correctly acknowledged the centre, doubling in 2016 to an average of 12 per month.
However, not all MCN-related publications are meeting the requirements of the user agreement.Read more...
In March and April, MCN will be hosting a number of training courses in the MCN boardroom. These sessions are of critical importance to the safety and progression of the Centre’s users, so please save the dates. You don’t need to book for any of the training events unless you intend to bring a large group.Read more...
Thanks to a new initiative lead by Operations & EHS Manager, Dr Paul Spizzirri, hunting for that perfect pair of wafer tweezers or MCN-approved USB stick will no longer be necessary. As of now, you can checkout a toolkit for your personal use by signing one out at reception.Read more...
The core mission of ANFF-VIC and its principal facility, the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication (MCN), is to facilitate the integration of micro and nanotechnologies into the R&D activities that support Australian innovation and manufacturing by providing open-access to state of the art instrumentation, training and support. It was with this mission in mind that MCN […]Read more...
Dear MCN Users, Following the success of our recent end of year sale (2015), The Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication is pleased to announce the reinstatement of a discounted pricing schedule for an extended six month trial period beginning on the 1st July 2016. Details: 25% off all instrument bookings and caps* 20% off staff rates* […]Read more...
For the past three years, La Trobe University and MCN have partnered to hold lab-practical sessions devoted to teaching fundamentals of microfabrication and microfluidics…Read more...
On March 17th, MCN played host to North Link, a regional partnership of industry, education and government established in 1995, for a morning of discussion and tours dedicated to raising local awareness of fabrication and characterization capabilities within ANFF-VIC.Read more...
Congratulations to MCN (ANFF-VIC) Process Engineer, Dr Lachlan Hyde for nabbing a coveted Frater Award at this year’s annual ANFF showcase in Brisbane.Read more...
Diamond has the potential to make power electronics smaller and more efficient. Research recently undertaken at MCN is a step towards simpler integration of diamond into devices.Read more...
The deadline to submit abstracts for the MCN User Conference has been extended to Monday 24 August, with earlybird tickets available until Friday 28 August.Read more...
MCN has completed commissioning of a four-stack horizontal furnace for operation in the class 10,000 cleanroom, allowing production of unique materials such as silicon nitride.Read more...
Industry will have access to highly skilled graduate students and world class facilities as a part of MCN’s new partnership with AMSI Intern.Read more...
Get your work published, correctly acknowledge MCN and ANFF, let our Communications Officer know and get $200 MCN credit for your efforts!Read more...
An MCN Technology Fellow was recently involved in a collaboration pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with helium-ion beams in modification of materials and nanopatterning.Read more...
Detection of pathogens is critical for disease diagnosis, food safety control, water quality monitoring and homeland security. Traditional detection methods are time consuming and complex – a portable lab on a chip enables fast and simple pathogen detection.Read more...
The chemical industry relies heavily on fossil fuel derived energy for carrying out chemical processes. A more sustainable and desirable prospect is to harvest sunlight for doing chemistry and transform this industry into a solar chemical manufacturing industry.Read more...
A new 2D nano-material, Plasmene has the potential for significant advancements in both sensing devices and nanoelectronics due to its unique plasmonic functions, robust nature, and ability to be folded into geometric origami constructs.Read more...
MCN’s internship program has hit the ground running with four interns recently joined MCN’s professionl staff. About the program, Managing Director Dwayne Kirk said, “this is highly beneficial for indsutry because it’s quick and easy for them to access additional specialists.”Read more...
MCN Technology Fellow, Dr. Alexey Glushenkov from Deakin University who recently received the VC Award for Research Excellence has undertaken some exciting work at MCN, using ALD to achieve highly conformal coatings of aluminum oxide on boron nitride.Read more...
Researchers from MCN, The Australian Synchrotron, CSIRO, RMIT and Monash University have showcased ground breaking characterisation techniques which were used to enable research into the human immune response to zinc oxide nanoparticles. The team was able to observe the immune cells breaking down the zinc oxide nanoparticles as they moved deeper into the cell.Read more...
- FIB-SEM with three new capabilities
- Microsensors to monitor blood pressure
- New AFM capability - PFQNM
- Put your research in the spotlight
- SPIE closes 2013 with a bang
- 2014 Seminar Series
- Holiday greetings
- MCN does Movember
- ANFF Showcase highlights
- MCN first in Australia to have boron-doped diamond growth capability
- SPIE conference brings together nano experts
- Be rewarded for your work
- FIB-SEM enhanced with micro gripper
- Thinner, more durable electronics on the horizon
- Prestigious journal coups for MCN users and Tech Fellows
- Industry meets research at COMS 2013
- Crowd Sourcing - the new frontier
- Nanopatch - taking the hurt out of vaccines
- New PVD sputter system online
- Inductions now bimonthly
- MCN presents at NanoS-E3
- New faces at MCN
- NASA connects to MCN for Carbon Nanotubes
- Microflow battery company in residence
- Biocapabilities with ANFF Victoria
- MCN industry snapshot
- UniMelb project strengthened with new appointment
- New faces at MCN
- Hyperspectral Microscopy
- Induction Refreshers
- Image of the year winner announced
- Spectroscopic ellipsometer delivered
- Creating a new optical material
- Understanding Corrosion
- Kleindiek micromanipulator
- New faces at MCN
- Induction refreshers
- Eureka moment for MCN Senior Tech Fellow
- New technology fellows appointed
- A golden project with the Australian Synchrotron
- Up close with microspectrometry
- New funding for industry R&D
- Industrial Strength Capability docks at MCN
- Make your publication count
- Asher promises deep clean
- MD named SACS leader
- Beamers trade secrets
- MCN users score high on impact
- Industry looks to partner with MCN in R&D
- Characterisation of gold nanoparticle surface assembly
- Is high throughput screening relevant to you?
- Equipment updates
- Featured Publications
- Image of the year competition
- Nanoexperts host fabrication workshop
- Prepaid access for university researchers
- Helping physicians diagnose meningococcal meningitis
- Enzyme hosts CSIRO’s microfluidic enzyme research
- Equipment updates
- How to include MCN in your next ARC grant
- Outcomes of the MCN user survey
- NT12 Conference 2012
- MCN Hits the airwaves on Triple R
- Beyond Vendor week 2012
- MCN featured journals
- Announcing MCN Tech Fellows
- Protecting the national water supply
- The STIUP program - connecting industry with Australia’s innovators
- Liquitab seeks the expertise of MCN Tech Fellow James Friend
- New Equipment update
- MCN Vendor week - a showcase of nanotechnology presesnt and future
- Nanotechnology: a major theme in ARC grants
- Encouraging the next generation of nanoscientists
- Deakin opens its new nanolab facility
- Visit from Professor Lord Alec Broers
- Tech Fellows to be announced
- MCN on film
- New faces at MCN
- New equipment
- MCN is officially launched
- A word from the director
- Class 100 Update
- Visit to Vistec
- Shooting of department of education TV campaign
- Polymer Electronics capability installed
- EVG mask aligner & NIL installed
- FEI Helios NanoLab 600 Dual Beam FIBSEM installed
- Staff profile
- MCN industry open day a big success
- MCN seminars
- MCN unveils biological imaging capability
- MCN opens its doors
- A word from the director
- MCN welcomes its first users
- Probing the living nano world
- MCN at ICONN
- Nano meets bio - nanofluidics, lab on a chip processes