The MCN’s mission objectives are to:
- Support and drive interdisciplinary basic research and early stage commercialisation;
- Actively combine a range of fabrication disciplines and enhance collaboration;
- Fill gaps in Australian nano-micro-fabrication capability;
- Add value to and integrate effectively with other national centres;
- Strategically span the research-to-prototype value chain;
- Avoid duplication through a strong specialist node structure; and
- Provide a broad, integrated range of hard and soft matter fabrication capabilities.